Papermaking, Compass, Printing, and Gunpowder are said to be the four greatest inventions of ancient China. They now benefit the whole world in many ways, after centuries of development. In fact, certain ancient Chinese inventions are considered as occult by the western world, as they are still unexplainable by modern science. While the Chinese have long been benefited from these special inventions, western societies have also started enjoying the utilities from them. Such inventions include acupuncture, Chinese fortune telling, Feng Shui, and the little-known Chinese Gender Chart.
There are a few pieces of literature addressing this ancient Chinese invention. All we know is that the chart can tell the sex of a fetus with the availability of only two pieces of information. The (lunar) age of the mom together with the (lunar) month when the egg fertilized (conceived).
If you want to try the accuracy of the Chinese Gender Chart, use our automated Chinese Gender Predictor which can show your baby gender just in several clicks.
How to use the Chinese Gender Chart to find out baby gender manually?
So how can the chart be applied in the modern world? If you are already pregnant, you can simply look at the chart and immediately know the gender of the fetus in the womb. If you are preparing to have a child, you can pick the right time to have intercourse, in order to have a baby with your desired gender.
Look at the Chinese gender chart, the numbers down the left side represent the mother’s (lunar) age at the time of conception. The columns of the chart represent the (lunar) month when the mother is conceived. To find out the correct lunar date, check out the Gregorian (Western) – Lunar (Chinese) Calendar Conversion Tables (1931~3040).
For gender prediction, follow across and down to where the month and age intersect, and you will find either a blue box for a boy or a pink box for a girl. For example, if a 24-year-old (lunar age) woman conceived on the first lunar month, her baby would be a boy and if a 28-year-old (lunar age) woman conceived on the 6th lunar month, her baby would be a girl. For a fast result, use our automated Chinese Gender Predictor.
For gender selection, pick the age when the mother plans to conceive. In the same row, choose to conceive at the months with blue boxes, if you want a boy. And conceive at the months with pink boxes, if you prefer a girl. Make it easy by using our automated Chinese Gender Selector.
How to find out lunar age and lunar month?
Simply use our lunar age calculator and you can find out the correct lunar age and lunar month in seconds.
Numbers behind the Chinese Gender Chart?
- The chart was designed for people with different ages, range from 18 to 45. It is essential that lunar age ought to be used as the input of the chart.
- Time of conception is another input for the chart, and the time unit is lunar month. There are 12~13 lunar months in a lunar year.
- There are total 336 prediction results. 164 predict boys and 172 predict girls.
- From age 18 to 20, the chance of getting a boy is about 72%. If you want to get a girl at these ages, spring (1st, 2nd and 3rd lunar month) could be the best time.
- Age 21 to 22 has the highest chance to get a girl, which the percentage almost reach 80%. Age 30 to 36 also has a very high chance of getting a girl with percentage reach 70%. If you want to get a boy at this age range, Spring and Winter (10th, 11th and 12th lunar month) are the best seasons.
- From age 23 to 29, the chance of getting a boy is almost equal to getting girl. If you prefer boy, you should consider conceiving in Autumn. If you prefer a girl, Spring and Winter are the better time.
- From age 37 to 43, genders almost change every month, so wrong predictions could occur mostly in these ages.
The chart has many versions?
There is only one CGC. The chart was primarily posted in a Hong Kong Chinese newspaper in the 70s. The chart was not popular at that time as the Chinese believe that pulse diagnosis is a better way to predict baby gender and herbal medicine is a good way for gender selection, other than praying to the Chinese gods. The chart becomes a hit in western society in the last decade especially in the US due to the popularity of the internet and the high accuracy of the chart.
There has always been a misunderstanding that the Chinese Gender Chart changes every year. The fact is that there is only one gender chart, which was invented in the Qing dynasty. It is used for both gender prediction and selection. If you come across charts which are labeled ‘Chinese Gender Chart 20XX’, they are definitely not authentic and you should not be misled.