Throughout this website, we provide various kind information regarding the ancient Chinese baby gender prediction chart. The problem is how accurate is the chart? OK, we can do a quick test here to see if it really works.
You should already know that gender prediction from the Chinese Gender Predictor is based on two pieces of information, which are the Chinese lunar age at the time when the mom (to-be) got pregnant and the Chinese lunar month when the mom (to-be) conceived. With our predictor, we could actually examine the accuracy of the chart if we know the birthday of any woman and the birthday of her son/daughter.
We have chosen nine celebrity moms and their kids, mainly followed the list at a Huffington Post article, for our tests. The tests are based on the following assumptions.
- The birth dates, which are found in Wikipedia, are correct.
- Date of conception is calculated by subtracting 266 days from the birth date, as 266 days is the average gestation period for humans from conception to birth.
- Birthdate can be plus or minus 3 days of the actual due date
- The tests are for fun only. There is no medical proof to support the efficacy of the gender chart.
1. Katie Holmes and Suri Cruise
With the lunar date converter, we got the following information
2. Jada Pinkett Smith and Jaden Smith
3. Kris Jenner and Kylie Jenner
4. Beyoncé Knowles and Blue Ivy Carter
5. Gwen Stefani and Kingston Rossdale
6. Jennifer Lopez and her twins (Emme & Max)
7. Victoria Beckham and Harper Beckham
8. Deborra-Lee Furness and Oscar Jackman
9. Mariah Carey and her twins
We have 6 1/2 correct predictions from the Chinese Gender Chart, out of 9 case studies. So the success rate is about 70%, not too bad as a free gender predictor!